One of the easiest and yet impressive deserts you’ll ever need to make.
- Mini meringue/pavlova nests – 1 per person (though they will want 2!)
- Passionfruit or lemon curd (I used passionfruit for mine but you can use anything)
- Vanilla yoghurt (this can be replaced by whipped cream or icecream to suit your taste)
- Fresh (or frozen) berries
- Fruit sauce (I used strawberry but again you could use any sweet sauce including caramel or chocolate depending on your preference)
- (The Persian fairy floss was an afterthought because I had some on hand!)
Place the meringue on a plate and layer a spoonful of each ingredient in the order listed above. Remember, this is just my version of this desert. You can replace any of these ingredients with items that you prefer or have available to you. Experiment with different tastes and varieties of this basic recipe and share your favourites by commenting on this post.
Yep. It’s just that simple. If you keep a packet of these in the pantry you will never get stuck for a quick and impressive desert when unexpected guests arrive.